GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- any cancer patient who has experienced a cancer recurrence and has gone back to treatment.
- a cancer grad who participates in cancer support groups and fundraisers after completing their schooling.
- fundraising for cancer research involving walks, runs and sports or any sort of physical challenge.
- a cancer patient’s primary caregiver(s).
- individuals that are part of a cancer patient’s primary support system.
- Individuals who are subject to the intimate challenges of cancer, but have not been personally diagnosed with cancer.
- any cancer patient who has completed their treatment and is in remission.
- a person that has been schooled on what is important in life by cancer.
- a magnificent badass.
- a patient who has been diagnosed with any type of cancer.
-is currently in treatment.
-has taken a break from treatment.
-has decided not to receive treatment.
- a powerful badass.
Cancer U (aka “Cancer University”)
- a metaphorical institution for the higher learning of Life Skills caused by the development of Cancer.
- an exclusive institution that does not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, income, etc.
- a friend or family member who is not the primary caregiver but gives support when they can.
- a person who cheers the patient on from the sideline.
- any type of therapist who helps a cancer patient (i.e. occupational, psychologist, physical therapist).
- the prescribed treatment for a patient-i.e. surgery, chemotherapy, radiation.
[duhb-ehl] [trip-ehl] [muhl-teh-pehl] [may-jer]
- a patient who has been diagnosed with multiple types of cancer.
- a supreme badass.
[en-rohl-muh nt deyt]
- the date a cancer patient is diagnosed.
- sexual activity or physical intimacy during and after treatment
- any type of fundraising to help with a patient’s medical costs.
- any type of cancer support group.
- young patients diagnosed with cancer.
- pediatric cancer patients.
- a mighty little badass.
- the type of cancer for which a patient has been diagnosed.
- a medical professional who is in charge of any aspect of a cancer patient’s care; doctor; surgeon.
- an alternative medicine professional; i.e. acupuncturist; integrative medicine doctor.
Student Life Center
[styood-nt lahyf sen-ter]
- chemo ward or a physical space where cancer patients are treated.
- medical insurance; including HMOs, PPOs, HSFA, Medicare.
Study Abroad Student
[stuhd-ee uh-brawd styood-nt]
- any patient who has passed away from cancer.
- a divine badass.
- medical staff that are on the front lines, executing doctor’s orders and dealing with the nitty gritty;
(i.e. nurses, technicians).
- metastatic cancer patients.
- an ultimate badass.
- the financial costs of a cancer diagnosis, including surgery, treatment, co-pay, therapy, and misc.