“Daammn, I can’t wait to tap that A$$…when you are ready.”
I was in the midst of chemo treatment, laid up on the couch, bald, no eyebrows, fingernails falling off, my breasts cut off and my husband magically knew exactly what I needed to hear. The perfect balance between showing he still found me sexy and simultaneously NOT pressuring me to have sex.
The long-term sexual side effects from cancer treatments—chemotherapy, Femara/Tomaxifen, a complete hysterectomy—not to mention the emotional side effects of losing one’s breasts and watching your body change, were more intense than I expected or was prepared for.
Now, three years after my breast cancer diagnosis, I have morphed into a 34-year-old post-menopause woman with a vagina resembling a dried up rubber band that has been left at in the back of a junk drawer for years. Add on a nonexistent sex drive and straight up pain during intercourse, and “tapping that A$$” has become nearly impossible.
So, I am on a vaginal odyssey to restore my lady bits to their previous glory.
Here is a list of where I have ventured so far:
- Vaginal Dilators
- Vaginal Lubricants (Coconut Oil, Sliquid)
- Vaginal Moisturizer (Replense)
- 8 weeks of Pelvic Floor Therapy
(For more details about each, you can watch Nora and I talk about it in this archived #WisdomWednesday)
To skip around, here is a quick list of what I cover in the video:
- Why did I get this done? 1:01
- What does the laser feel like? 1:50
- What are the immediate side effects? 2:38
- What are my final results? 3:12
- Does MonaLisa Touch® really work? 3:44
- My other issues causing sexual dysfunction (lack of hormones & vaginismus). 4:07
- My biggest complaint with MonaLisa Touch®. 6:04
- My closing advice. 6:43
Don't know what MonaLisa Touch® is, watch my Q&A video with Dr. Randy Fink as we dive into all of the details.